When I landed here in Kuwait this became a part of my Breakfast Life here as well! Many call this Bread Upma; even though this isn’t a Rice-based Pulaao I still call it Bread Pulaao to remember my childhood days!
Today while chatting with my friend – Mohaneesh Thapar he advised me to add some Green Peas as well and I did the same…it added a new flavour to this dish & made it more delicious…
The best accompaniment for this dish is Mango Shake and I made that too to make the combo complete! It adds weight to the breakfast you see & makes you ready for the weekend days ahead that’s why I suggest you make this on the first day of your weekend 😉
Without any further adieu here is the easy recipe! This won’t take more than 20 minutes including the preparation time! I guarantee a healthy, light and delicious Breakfast option to you all…
1 Medium Onion
2 Medium Tomatoes
100 Grams Matar
2 tbsp Meat Masala Mix (I used Mehran)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
2 tbsp Refined Oil
6 Bread Pieces (I used the Multi Grain one)
Salt to Taste
1. Chop the Onions and Kaddoo-kas the Tomatoes
2. Boil the Peas, drain and let them dry off
3. Heat the Oil and crackle the Mustard Seeds
4. Bhunno the Pyaaz – once it is light brown add the Tomato Mix
5. Add the Meat Masala Mix and Bhunno till some oil comes on the top
6. Cut the bread into small squared and add them into the Masala Mix
7. Bhunno this entire combination for 5-6 minutes
8. Eat and Enjoy!
1. You can use Pav Bhaji or Tandoori Masala Mix, that too should suffice
2. White Bread makes this more delicious but Multi Grain Bread is the healthier option!
3. If you are the garnishing kind then you can sprinkle chopped fresh green coriander too!
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…