Ketan’s Recipe: http://chatorediaries.com/recipe-naariyal-pak/
Big Event for me as this one was going to be the first time I was making any sweet without any help of a Readymade Mix! and I have a sweet tooth anyway so all the more reason to get excited!
Plus today is Janamashtami – Shri Krishna’s Happy Bidday! so Mithaai to banti hai Boss!
But things didn’t turn out the way I expected or planned! nonetheless the result was very delicious! saving grace as they say!
The Plan was to make Naariyal Pak but the end result was Naariyal Chikki! read on to find more……
1 cup grated coconut (If you can use freshy grated that is the best option)
1/2 cup Splenda Powder
½ cup cream (If you can use freshy whipped that is the best option)
2 tsp green elaichi powder
1 tsp jaiphal(nutmeg) powder
Saffron as per your taste (Mixed with Warm Milk)
2 tbsp Desi Ghee (We used Amul)
1. In a non-stick pan, pour the ghee, let it heat up and then put the coconut, sugar and cream.
2. Keep Stirring continuously and see the colours of the mix change magically!
3. The Flame must be on low throughout the process.
4. Put the green cardamom powder, the nutmeg powder & the Saffron-Milk Mix.
5. Keep stirring vigorously so that the mix doesn’t stick
6. Once the Mix starts getting a bit hard & thick close the flame and remove the Pan
7. Smear a steel plate with some ghee
8. Spread the Mix evenly
9. Cut as per your design choice
10. Let the Mix cool down for 5-10 minutes
11. Refrigerate the Mix for 15-20 minutes
12. Wait for the Naariyal Pak!
But when we pulled out the plate and tried to eat we realized we actually made Chikki instead of the intended Pak!
This could be due to multiple reasons: Using Splenda instead of Sugar or the quantity of the Splenda used (could have been less or more)
But both of us loved what we made! Chikki ki yaadein taazaa ho gayin!
Next time would ensure to get more guidance from experienced cooks and ensure we get our Naariyal Pak!
And yeah wishing you all a very Happy Janmashtami…
Apt Time for my Favourite Krishna Bhajan sung by Acharya Mridul Krishna Ji Maharaj :
Radhey Radhey Japo Chale Aayenge Bihari
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…