Decided to make this; the colour looked so awesome & inviting! and it came out really very good….here you go with the recipe
2.5 Kg Chicken cut into small-medium pieces
2 cup yoghurt
2 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp red chilly powder
4 tbsp coriander seeds
6 tbsp Saunf aka Fennel Seeds
4 tsp Cumin seeds
5 green chillies
8 green cardamom pods
5 red onions (finely chopped)
5 tomatoes (small and ripe, chopped)
4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
6 tbsp Sarson (Mustard) Oil
Coriander to garnish
1. Marinate the chicken overnight in yoghurt, red chilly powder, turmeric, GG paste, green chillies and salt.
2. Now the Most Important ingredient of this dish: Make a fine powder of the Almonds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom pods and fennel seeds
3. Heat the Mustard oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions and saute till they are on their way to getting golden but not dark brown. and then add the almond spice mix and let the aromas take over you and your kitchen! Bhunno for 10-12 minutes
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and bhunno till the oil comes out and the fragrance gets over you!
5. Add the marinated chicken along with the marinate. Cover and cook for 25 minutes at low heat. Add water as per your gravy choice.
6. Keep checking & stirring…cover the pan and simmer on low heat till the oil comes on top…
7. And then it is ready! the Blazing Orange colour looks so awesome! the colour of this season…no wonder my wardrobe has been oranged too!
8. Garnish with Fresh Coriander and ATTACK!
9. Thank me Later
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…