Since the last couple of months have been diversifying & experimenting with a lot of new dishes both Vegetarian & Non Vegetarian…Wanted to try some Chicken Delicacy from South India as well and luckily few days back my eyes fell upon this delicious-looking dish named Pallipalayam Chicken!
Pallipalayam is a panchayat town in Namakkal district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu and it’s claim to fame is this dish! It is very easy to make and has 2 ingredients which I had never tried before in my cooking – Coconut Slivers & Shallots! 2 more reasons to give this dish a try!
Recipe courtesy: Rajeev Nandagopal
Here you go with the recipe:
750 gms chicken with bone
Red chillies-10 broken into 2
Garlic-30 cloves each clove sliced into 2
Coriander-2 sprigs chopped up with stems
Turmeric powder-2 tsp
Urad dal-1 tbsp
Garam Masala-1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. In a kadhai, heat the oil, splutter the mustard seeds and Urad dal.
2. Add the coconut slivers and curry leaves and stir them around for a minute.
3. Add the Garlic and saute till it browns.
4. Add the shallots,red chillies,turmeric and saute well.
5. Once the Shallots go limp,add the Chicken and Salt and give a good stir.
6. Brown the chicken and let it cook covered in its own juices.
7. Cook covered on a low flame and add some water.
8. When 80% done,add the Garam masala and the chopped Coriander and simmer away till done.
9. Eat this with hot Tawa Rotis!
10. Thank me Later
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…