Link to the original recipe: http://tanyasrecipez.blogspot.com/2013/09/tomato-bath-tomato-pulav_6.html
And I am definitely many of Tanya’s other recipes very soon starting with Chicken Pulao this weekend! already am a big fan of her recipes 🙂 BIG THANKS to her for this…
We loved the taste of this super awesome & easy to make Rice delicacy and would be repeating it many a times in the future! Bandita just loved it!
Once we finished watching BigBoss, I went to buy Tomatoes, Pudina and Coconut Milk and Bandita started the initial preparations for this first time recipe!
I made some minor modifications to the original recipe and hoped for the best….
Here you go with the Recipe…
Rice – 1 cup (I used Basmati, soaked for 30 minutes)
Tomatoes – 3 medium sized – pureed
Whole Garam masala (Cloves -4, Cinnamon – 1 inch, green cardamoms – 4, bay leaf- 1)
Onion – 1 large – finely chopped
Ginger – 1 small piece
Garlic – 3 Pods
Green chillies – 3
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Mint leaves – ¼ cup
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsbp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Blend the Tomatoes into a fine puree in a blender
2. Make a fine paste of the Green Coriander, Ginger, Mint Leaves, Green Chillies and coriander
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add whole garam masala and let it splutter
4. Add the chopped onion and sauté till the colour changes to the beautiful golden brown and I just love that glaze!
5. Add the paste you made and sauté for a while. Now add the tomato paste and sauté it till the oil separates.
6. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and give it a mix.
7. Then add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add salt and check if you need to play around with the salt or any of the spices as per your taste.
8. Add the soaked rice and mix it. Close the lid and pressure cook it up to 4 whistles.
9. Serve hot with Onion-Tomato-Cucumber Raita and enjoy the subtle flavours of Tomatoes, Coriander and Pudina………….
10. Thank me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…