Picked this recipe somewhere off Facebook but sadly don’t remember the exact page…so thanks to the anonymous person who posted this recipe!
For the Coconut Masala Paste:
Large onion- 1 peel, wash & cut into 4 Pieces
Dry red chilies- 4
Dessicated Coconut- 3/4 cup (though Freshly Grated would be a much better option)
6 cloves + 2 inches piece cinnamon + 3 green cardamoms + 2 tsp black pepper corns + 1 tsp mustard seeds + 1 tsp fenugreek seeds + 1 tsp cumin seeds + 1 tsp fennel seeds
Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
Water- 1/2 cup
For the Chicken Curry:
Chicken- 750 grams
2 Onions – thinly sliced
1 Large Tomato finely chopped
Chopped Ginger- 2 tsp
Chopped Garlic- 2 tsp
Slit Green Chillies- 2
Curry Leaves- 1 sprig
Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
For the Tempering:
Mustard oil- 2 tbsp
Black mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
White vinegar- 1 tsp
1. In a non-stick frying pan add the dessicated coconut, dry red chilies, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, pepper corns, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seed & fennel seeds.
2. Dry fry on low flame till the coconut turns light brown in color. Ensure not to burn the spices.
3. Remove from heat and cool it. In a grinder add rest of the ingredients mentioned for coconut masala paste with the roasted coconut & the other spices. Add some water and grind till a smooth paste forms.
4. Heat the mustard oil in a non-stick kadhai.
5. Add the chopped ginger & garlic & curry leaves and sauté on medium flame for few seconds.
6. Next add the sliced onions, fry till they are light brown in color.
7. Then add the chopped tomato and sauté for 5-6 minutes till the oil comes on the top.
8. Now add the chicken pieces & green chilies. Mix, cover & cook for 10-12 minutes.
9. Then add the coconut masala paste, mix well and cover & cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
10. Keep stirring in between; add 1 cup of water & salt. Mix well cover & cook till the chicken pieces are fully cooked.
11. Heat 2 tbsp mustard oil in a frying pan. Splutter the mustard seeds and then add the curry leaves. Sauté for few seconds, turn off the heat, add vinegar, mix & pour this tadka over the chicken curry.
12. Serve hot with steamed rice and rotis.
13. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…