Went back from office, picked up Coconut Milk, Melon Seeds (as a replacement for Poppy Seeds in the original recipe) and fresh chicken…once these things were taken care of I was ready to hit the kitchen after a 1 month plus hiatus! (The last time I tried something new was the highly popular Rara Gosht (http://www.cheontheroad.com/2014/03/rara-gosht/) which was tried by atleast 6-7 of my FB & Blogging friends!
And I am definitely hooked to http://www.sailusfood.com/ now and would be trying many more recipes in the near future!
Here you go with the recipe…
Chicken: 1.5 kgs, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
Onions: 2 big size & finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste: 3 tbsp
Green chillis: 2 finely chopped
Tomato puree: 2 cups
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 2 tsp
Coriander powder: 3 tbsp
Cumin powder: 2 tsp
Coconut milk: 2 cups
Garam masala powder: 2 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Oil: 4 tbsps
Dry roast and make a paste:
Dry Red Chilies: 6
Poppy Seeds: 3 tbsp
Peanuts: 5 tbsp
White Sesame Seeds: 3 tbsp
Curry leaves: saute in a tsp of oil till crisp (for garnish)
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and saute till they turn light brown.
2. Add the green chillis, ginger-garlic paste and saute for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add the chicken pieces and bhunno on high heat for 10 minutes, mixing once in a while.
4. Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
5. Add the ground paste & tomato puree and mix. Reduce heat to medium, cook without lid for 10 minutes.
6. Add 2 cups of water and cook covered for 20-25 mts or till the chicken is cooked.
7. Add the coconut milk and cook without lid for a few minutes till you get the desired gravy consistency.
8. Finally add the garam masala powder and mix well.
9. Remove onto a serving bowl and garnish with curry leaves.
10. Serve piping hot with steamed rice and rotis.
P.S.: I made a small mistake anf forgot to add the roasted peanuts while making the paste; but somehow remembered some time later so made a coarse mix after roasting them and added in the gravy! Hope it didn’t make much of a difference in the final taste!
11. Thank me later!
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…