Without further adieu…
2 Chicken Chops – about 200 grams each.
2 Green Chiles.
2 Dried Red Chilies.
1 Teaspoon Jeera.
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Corn.
4 Cloves Garlic.
20 grams Ginger
4 Cloves / laung.
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1 Tablespoon Oil
200 ml Hot Water
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste/Puree
Salt (to adjust the seasoning)
1. Coarsely ground the above Marinade ingredients without adding any water in a Mortar using a pestle.
2. Generously apply all over the chops after placing them in a bowl.
3. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and let them marinate overnight in the fridge.
4. In the morning take the chops out of the fridge to bring back to room temperature.
5. Add 2 tablespoons ghee to a heavy bottom pan, seal the chops 3 minutes on each side , then tightly cover and allow them to cook over minimum heat for 30 minutes , turning once , Add no water.
6. When the chops are done remove them and allow them to rest while you make the gravy/sauce. Don’t wash the pan !
7. Take 200 ml hot water , add to the same unwashed pan , there will be some masala stuck at the bottom , gently scrape that and allow the water to simmer in the residue.
8. Add 2 tablespoons tomato puree/paste (I used KDD Tomato Paste available here as it gives an awesome red tinge to curries).Cook 2 minutes covered over low heat , adjust flavors and spoon over the chops.
9. Enjoy them piping hot Tawa Rotis and get lost in the flavours…
10. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…