I have tried many dishes using Mehran – Mutton Quorma, Achari Murgh, Bombay style Biryani, Kadhai Murgh and Achari Gosht….and this time it was Sindhi Murgh Biryani which I was gonna try…
And it came out expectedly very well – Mildly Spiced, Subtle Flavours and very delicious!
Here is the recipe:
Chicken: 750 Grams; washed and cut into small bite-sized pieces
Basmati Rice: 250-300 Grams: washed and soaked for 30 minutes
Onions: 3 Medium sized; finely sliced
Tomatoes: 3 Medium sized; finely sliced
Yoghurt: 1 Cup; whipped
Ginger-Garlic Paste; 3 tablespoons; freshly made
Ginger: 1 tablespoon; julienned
Green Chilis: 6-8; slit
Green Coriander: 1/2 cup; finely chopped
Mint Leaves; 1/2 cup; finely chopped
Lemon Juice: of 1 Lemon
Oil/Ghee: 3-4 tablespoons
Mehran Sindhi Biryani Mix: 1 Packet
1. Heat the Oil/Ghee and fry the Onions till golden brown on low flame.
4. Add 1 glass of water, cover and cook until the meat gets tender and almost 1.5 cups of gravy remain in the Pan
5. In a large pan spread some oil/ghee and some sliced tomatoes. Shift the prepared chicken, spread the remaining tomatoes over it and Bhunno for 5-6 minutes on low flame
6. In another pan add 10 glasses of water plus 2 tablespoons of salt and give it a BOIL. Add the soaked rice and when they are half cooked remove and strain the excess water.
7. Spread the rice on the prepared Chicken. Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Lower the heat and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
8. Once the Biryani is ready mix before serving and enjoy it with Salad or Raita.
9. Thank me Later
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…