Isaw the wonderful recipe of Jaspreet Nirula on Sikandalous Cuisine and fell in love (perfect “love at first sight” instance) and cooked this delightful dish the night I saw it! And fell in love with the aroma and taste…This is a must-try recipe for the simple & rustic flavours!
Such an awesome and simple recipe yet so mighty delicious! This is the perfect kind of recipe which Bandita loves – simple spices, uncomplicated process and maximum taste!
The Recipe: (with just some minor changes)
Mutton – 800 grams (cut into small pieces and thoroughly washed)
Mustard Oil – 1/2 cup
Sliced Onions – 3 (medium size)
For the Paste:
Onions – 2 (small size)
Ginger – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 4 pods
Green Chilies – 3
Whole Red Chilies – 10
Roasted Cumin Seeds – 3 tsp
Roasted Coriander Seeds – 5 tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Green Cardamom – 8
Curd – 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Green Coriander – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
1. Heat the mustard oil in a pan
2. Add the sliced onions and fry till they are golden brown.
3. Now add the mutton pieces and bhunno for 15 minutes.
4. Now add the paste & salt and mix well.
5. Bhunno this for atleast 20 minutes stirring continuously.
6. Add 1 cup of water and cook on medium heat stirring well.
7. Let the liquid evaporate and bhunno this till the oil leaves the masala.
8. Add the ghee and mix well for 5 minutes more.
9. Now 2-3 cups of water for the meat to cook on low heat.
10. Once the meat is tender add the green coriander and mix well.
11. Serve hot with Tawa Rotis and Steamed Rice.
12. Thank me Later
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…