Who doesn’t like prawns? (I am talking exclusively to non-seafood haters here) And both my wife & I simply love prawns! And the shocking bit is today I cooked prawns myself for the first time! yeah the ironies of life as they say…
I wanted to cook fresh prawns but sadly the supermarket seafood counter refused to clean them for us so I had to pick up a pack of frozen prawns (product of UAE) and this is an original recipe of mine! For a change I didn’t use somebody else’s recipe you see…
And I am so happy it came out very well! Bandita loved the attack of spices as she loves such spicy dishes (no wonder she is dead against my favourite coconut-based curries which are smooth & mellow). Another of our differences which we enjoy having…I can discuss them for hours & hours!
This dish has a lot of goodness; starting from Butter and then ranging onions, ripe-red tomatoes, garlic, ginger and lots of chilly (green chillies and red & black pepper)! I also used a bit of Sindhi Biryani Masala (Mehran Brand) to add some zing! Had to use this one as no other spice mix was available at home!
Without further adieu the recipe and the details…
500 gms frozen prawns cleaned and de-veined
4 onions finely chopped
3 tbsp tomato paste (diluted in a cup of water)
6 lengthwise slit green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp black pepper powder
Butter (I used Amul unsalted)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp spice mix – I used Sindhi Biryani Masala (Mehran brand)
1. In a pan heat the butter ,add the onions and bhunno till they are light brown.
2. Add the green chillies and bhunno some more for couple of minutes..
3. Bhunno some more after adding the ginger garlic paste.
4. Add the tomato paste mixed with water and bhunno till it the oil comes out.
5. Now add the chilli, pepper and turmeric powder plus salt and the spice mix.
6. Put the prawns and mix them well with the masala and cook covered for about 4-5 mts.
7. Now add finely chopped coriander to add some more aroma to the dish and keep covered for 10 minutes for the flavours to seep in.
8. Serve hot with Tawa Rotis and Steamed Rice.
9. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…