It is my endeavour to try a new recipe each weekend and thanks to the awe-inspiring members of Sikandalous Cuisine I don’t have to look any further! And one of my favourite members is Dr. Rajeev Nandagopal from Erode, Tamil Nadu; I am his self-appointed disciple I say!
He is simply awesome with his such good looking, fiery and delicious recipes and no wonder he is amongst the favourite members of everybody. I have tried atleast 7-8 of his recipes; last week tried the magnificent Mangalore Chicken Ghee Roast and yesterday tried another sureshot winner! It looked so inviting that I just had to try it.
This is a very easy recipe, with a subtle mix of spices, filled with flavours of ginger, chillies, coriander (both dry & fresh) and infused with lemon! Simply exquisite is the perfect way to describe this winning recipe! Do give it a shot I say…
Chicken – 1.25 kg (cut into small pieces)
Coriander seeds : 2 tbsp
Red Chillies : 12
Cumin seeds: 2 tbsp
(Dry roast the three items lightly and make a coarse powder)
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Curd : 1 cup
Onion : 2- 3 medium size, finely chopped
Fresh ginger : 3 inch finely grated +4 green chillies chopped.
Fresh coriander one big bunch. Pick the leaves, chop finely and keep aside.
Don’t throw away the stems. wash the stems thoroughly, chop finely.
Juice of one lemon.
Mustard Oil : 3 tbsp
1. In a pan heat the oil, add the onion and saute till golden brown.
2. Add the coriander stems, the spice powder, mix well and fry for a few minutes. The aroma of the spice mix would engulf your senses and I bet on that!
3. Add the chicken, turmeric, salt and mix well.
4. Add half a cup of water, cover and cook till the chicken is half done.
5. Now add the grated ginger, chopped chillies, curd and mix well.
6. Cook covered on slow fire till the chicken is fully done and the gravy dries up as per your liking.
7. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well.
8. Serve hot while enjoying it with tawa rotis
9. Thanks Dr. Rajeev first and then me later
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…