I have learnt a lot of my cooking skills from the Sikandalous Cuisine Facebook Page and this is another recipe from the same page. And this is a recipe from one of the most active & popular members Dr. Rajeev Nandagopal who is a masterclass!
This one is Sweet, Tangy, Spicy and mighty delicious! The perfect starter or Chakna dish as they say! I cooked it for 2 of my friends here in Kuwait whom we had invited for lunch and both of them loved it and overate! And the biggest surprise & pleasure for me was that my wife who doesn’t like such sweet/tangy recipes enjoyed it too! So as you can see it was worth all the effort.
Thanks to Doc for the wonderful recipe…
1 Kg. Chicken – cut in small pieces
150 ml curd
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Jaggery Powder – 3 tbsp
Ghee – 4 tbsps
Whole Red chillies – 15
Black pepper corns – 2 tsp
Cloves – 10
Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Garlic Pods – 10
Tamarind paste – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – lots
1. Marinate the chicken with curd, salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder for 2 hours.
2. Dry roast the chilies in a small non stick pan and set aside.
3. Add a little ghee to the pan and fry the pepper corns, fenugreek seeds, coriander, cumi¬n, cloves for 3-4 mts and set aside.
4. Once cool grind the red chilies, the spices fried in ghee, the garlic and the Tamarind pulp to a paste.
5. In a pan add the ghee and fry the masala paste on a low flame till done.
6. Add the marinated chicken with the marinade and sauté on high flame mixing the masala well for 5-7 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat and cook covered till 75% done. Add the jaggery now and when almost done bruise the curry leaves and add them.
8. Add some water and simmer till done.
9. Adjust the gravy consistency as per your liking.
10. Serve hot with tawa rotis or as a Chakna item with you know what!
11. Thank Dr. Rajeev Nandagopal first and then me later!
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…