Rakesh Sharma of Sikandalous Cuisine is another masterclass and the best part about his recipes are that they are very easy, without a long list of ingredients and are awesomely delicious! So this weekend I decided to make one of his creations…
This is an extremely easy recipe with delicious flavours. The colour of the gravy was worth living for I say! And the flavours of Fried Onions made this dish very different from the others I have made. Plus I always like adding Kasoori Methi to my recipes! So do give it a shot folks…
Chicken – 1 kg (cut into small pieces)
Desi Ghee – 4 tbsp
Onions – 4 medium sized and thinly sliced
Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 3 tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 3 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
curd – 1 cup whisked
Kasoori Methi – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, fry the sliced onions till they get crisp golden brown; take out 3/4th of the fried onions and crush them when they get cool crush them.
2. In the same ghee add the ginger & garlic paste and all the dry spices with 4 tbsp water and fry the masala.
3. Add the chicken and bhunno on medium heat till it gets a nice golden brown color.
4. Add the whisked curd, kasoori methi and bhunno till the ghee starts leaving the sides.
5. Add 2.5 cups of boiling water and mix well. Cover and simmer till chicken is tender and desired quantity of gravy remains.
6. Serve with chapati and rice.
7. Thank Rakesh Sharma first and then me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…