As you all know I am the hardcore carnivore kinds having tasted Crocodile & Ostrich Meat and even Ox Balls but then sometimes I also like to enjoy the mellow & delicious Paneer and this was one of those occasions! Don’t even think that I have turned vegetarian after the recent posts!
I had invited a friend and his family to home for lunch; had already cooked Chicken Biryani & Dum Aloo and wanted to make a Paneer dish as well but I wanted an easy yet delicious recipe to add to the menu so this recipe came to my mind which I learnt from my mother! I made some minor changes and made this. the result was mighty delicious indeed plus well appreciated by everybody. This is subtle, mellow and very delicious with my favourite spice – Kasoori Methi added in good measure! Do give it a shot folks!
400 grams paneer or cottage cheese – cut into bite size pieces (I used Amul Frozen paneer)
Butter – 3 tbsp (I used Amul Unsalted)
Cream – 200 ml (I used Almarai Low Fat version)
Onions – 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
Kasoori Methi – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat the Butter in a non-stick pan and Bhunno the onions till they become transluscent (don’t over-bhunno them!). Add the Red Chilli and Turmeric Powder.
2. Remove the pan from the flame and pour the cream; keep stirring continuously to avoid curdling.
3. Put the pan back on and keep stirring till some oil comes out on the edges.
4. Add salt, kasoori methi and the Paneer pieces; bhunno some more.
5. Adjust the seasoning & gravy consistency as per your preference.
6. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with Tawa Rotis and Rice.
7. Add another blob of Butter in the end if you are the Buttery kinds!
8. This time you can thank my Mummy first and then me later!
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…