Mango is such a versatile fruit and can be used in so many different recipes; obviously the best way to enjoy it is to enjoy the ripe version but the raw version can also be used in multiple dishes! And this is just another recipe. This also has the flavour of Carrots, Lentils and Curry Leaves to make this rice concoction even more delicious!
I loved the brilliant display of colours in both the ingredients and the final result! It was refreshing, attractive and mighty delicious in taste to boot!
Thanks to Jyothi Rajesh of Sikandalous Cuisine for this easy and brilliant recipe…
Cooked Rice – 4 cups
Raw Mango – 1 mango, grated
Carrots – 2 medium, grated
Onions – 1 large, finely chopped
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
Urad dal – 2 tbspn
Channa dal – 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds – 2 tspn
Roasted white sesame seeds – 1 tbspn
Fried peanuts – 2 tbspn
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbspn
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and splutter them. Next add urad dal and channa dal and fry till golden in color.
2. Now add onions, green chilies, curry leaves and saute until onions turn translucent.
3. Next add grated raw mango, carrots, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Bhunno for 7-8 minutes on medium low flame.
6. Serve hot and enjoy the flavours.
7. Thank Jyothi Rajesh first and then me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…