This is one of those recipes which was meant to be forgotten but then one fine day I thought of trying a keema recipe and searched my Mailbox….rest is history as they say!
I saved this Ruchi Airen‘s recipe way back in November 2013 and finally got a chance to make it in the weekend!
This combines the brilliance of grainy mutton and the creamy spinach in a wonderfully delicious recipe with subtle flavours of all the spices! Do give it a shot folks…and BIG THANKS to Ruchi Airen…
Mutton Keema: 750 Grams
Onions: 3 medium sized onions finely chopped
Cumin Seeds: 2 tsp
Green Cardamoms: 4
Cinnamon: 2 small pieces
Bay leaves: 2
Yoghurt: 1 cup (whisked)
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder: 1 tsp
Mustard Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
For the Spinach Paste:
Spinach: 2 Bunches (cleaned and blanched in boiling water for 2-3 minutes)
Green Chillies: 4
Garlic: 8 pods
Ginger: 30 grams
For the Garnish:
Ginger Julienne blanched with lemon juice and red chilli powder
Blob of Butter
1. Heat the oil in a pan and splutter the whole spices.
2. Add the chopped onions and Bhunno them till they acquire an alluring golden colour.
3. Add the Keema and Bhunno for 30 minutes or till the water evaporates.
4. Now add half of the whisked yoghurt, garam masala, red chilli powder and bhunno again for 5-7 minutes.
5. Now stir in the spinach paste with the remaining yoghurt and bhunno for 5 more minutes.
6. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes on low-medium flame.
7. Garnish with the ginger julienne and butter.
8. Serve it piping hot with tawa rotis.
9. Thanks Ruchi Airen first and then me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…