We wanted to eat meat last night but something less cumbersome so decided to cook this. And what a delightful dinner we had! This is one of the quickest chicken dishes I have ever made and yet so delicious!
The flavours of garlic, curry leaves, chilli powders and tomato combine to give this dish a masterclass taste. The blazing red colour was the inspiration for a new name for this dish! Do give it a shot folks…BIG THANKS to Dhanya Samuel of Sikandalous Cuisine for such an easy & wonderful recipe…
1. Chicken Drumsticks – 8
2. Garlic – 6 cloves, crushed
3. Curry leaves – ½ cup
4. Teekhi Laal Mirch powder- 1.5 tsp (Everest Brand)
5. Kashmiri Laal Mirch Powder – 1.5 tsp (Everest Brand)
5. Tomato – 1 ripe, roughly chopped
6. Salt – As per taste
7. Pepper – 1.5 tsp
8. Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped for garnish
9. Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
1. Pressure cook the chicken pieces with salt, pepper & 1/2 cup water for 3 whistles.
2. In a deep pan, heat oil; add the crushed garlic and curry leaves.
3. Then add the red chilli powders and tomatoes. Saute on high heat till the oil clears.
4. Add the cooked chicken pieces with broth; continue cooking on high heat till the gravy thickens and coats the chicken pieces.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Tawa Rotis.
6. Thank Dhanya Samuel first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…