Many years back I visited Hotel Oberoi’s NFWP Cuisine restaurant named Kandahar in New Delhi for a team lunch when I used to work for ABC Consultants and it was such a fabulous meal plus superb service as expected from a top 5-star hotel! It remains the only 5-star meal I have ever had in New Delhi so you can imagine why it so special 😉 And some days back I saw this Murgh Kandahari recipe on Sikandalous Cuisine and wanted to make this without fail for old memories sake!
This one combines the delicious flavours of Cashews, Fried Onions, Ginger – Garlic and Tomatoes perfectly into a mildly spiced and lip-smacking dish! Do give it a shot folks….
Chicken: 1 Kg (cut into bite sized pieces)
Ginger Garlic Paste: 3 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder: 2 Tsp
Salt as per taste
Yogurt: 4 Tbsp
Cashew Paste: 6 Tbsp
Fried Onion Paste: 4 Tbsp
Tomato Puree of 2 medium tomatoes
Juice Extract of 100gm Pomegranate Seeds
Water: 2 cups
Garam Masala: 1 Tsp
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 Tbsp of ginger garlic paste,salt and half the red chilli powder. Keep aside for an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute the marinated chicken for a few minutes. Remove chicken pieces from pan once they get browned.
3. Add some more oil to the pan, saute the remaining 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix the cashew paste with yogurt and water and add to the pan.
5. Add the remaining red chilli powder and bhunno for 8-10 minutes.
6. Add the brown Onion paste,tomato Puree and chicken pieces and cook on low heat till chicken is tender and the gravy has thickened.
7. Add the Pomegranate Juice extract and mix well.
8. Sprinkle the Garam Masala and serve.
9. Thanks Navneet Nayar first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…