This is my first original recipe and I am so happy that it was a success and enjoyed by all the guests I had invited last night! I combined the flavours of fresh green coriander, green chillies, ginger-garlic, fried onions and yoghurt to prepare this dish! Took a risk and luckily it came out so well! It has an original name too! Do give it a shot folks…
1 KG Chicken (cut into small pieces and washed)
Yoghurt: 1 cup
Fried Onions: 1 Cup (I used the readymade variety)
Green Coriander: 1 bunch
Green Chillies: 10 (chopped)
Garlic: 1 pod (crushed)
Ginger: 50 grams (crushed)
Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
Zeera Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Green Cardamom: 5
Black Cardamom: 2
Black Pepper: 1 tbsp
Cinnamom: 1 small stick
Oil: 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Prepare a paste of yoghurt, coriander and 5 green chillies. Keep it aside.
2. Take a pan, heat the oil, crackle all the whole spices and bhunno thhe ginger-garlic-5 green chillies for 5-6 minutes.
3. Prepare a paste of the fried onions and add it to the pan. Bhunno for 3-4 more minutes.
4. Mix the powdered spices with 4 tbsp of water and add it to the pan (to avoid them from burning). Add the salt as well at this stage.
5. Add the yoghurt mix and bhunno for 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken pieces and bhunno some more to get the chicken browned.
7. Add water as per your gravy consistency preference, cover the pan and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or till the fat comes out.
8. Adjust the seasoning.
9. Serve it hot with rotis and rice.
10. This time you only got to thank me!
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…