Contrary to the general perception about me, amidst all the non-vegetarian cooking I indulge in, there is always space for some vegetarian recipes and this was one such occasion! I admit that I am not that great when it comes to vegetarian cooking but this time I got it right 100%.
This recipe was shared by Atul Sikand and it is from Pushpita Singh – Author of the book “Rajasthani Kitchen“. You can buy the book on Flipkart at RAJASTHANI KITCHEN(CHEFS’ SPECIAL)
This definitely was one of the best Dal Tadka I have ever had! It was a perfect combination of the flavours of Ghee-Pyaaz-Lahsun-Adrak and the Panch or Five Lentils! I loved the texture of the dal plus the spices were perfect too! Do give it a shot folks…
25 grams of each dal , soak for 1 hour , wash and cook with haldi and salt in just enough water till done. Don’t allow the dal to mash up.
3 tbsp Grams Ghee
Pinch of Hing
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
3 Cloves / Laung
1 Onion Chopped
2 Tablespoon Ginger & Garlic Paste
1 tsp Red Chili Powder.
1 Teaspoon Chopped Ginger.
2 chopped Green Chilies
2 Tomatoes Chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Heat the ghee in a Kadhai, add hing jeera & cloves,let them splutter and then add onions, bhunno them till they get golden brown.
2. Add the ginger & garlic paste along with red chili powder. Bhunno for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped ginger , green chilies and tomatoes , bhunno till ghee separates.
4. Add the cooked dal and simmer for 4-5 minutes to combine the flavors on low flame.
5. Garnish with dhania leaves and julienned ginger when ready to serve.
6. Thank Ms. Pushpita Singh first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…