There is so much to learn from fellow food enthusiasts and one such lady is Ms. Amrita Chatwal whom I started interacting on the Eatlo FB Page recently. She cooks some real awesome and exotic stuff! Yesterday she posted her mother’s recipe named “Chicken Bhushk” which looked absolutely incredible and i decided to make that for dinner last night.
I showed the recipe to Bandita and she was excited to see me cooking something of her choice! She loves eating mixed vegetables in a curry and this recipe is a perfect marriage of sorts – Vegetables and Chicken and that is why I thought of the strange name for this dish!
Plus the best part is that this dish is so quick to make; no elaborate preparation or cooking process. Perfect for a weekday dinner cooking session! And the flavours are mighty delicious – the vegetables, freshly ground black pepper, soya sauce and vinegar combines to give this dish a tangy taste which we loved. Do give it a shot and enjoy this marriage!
8 Chicken Drumsticks
2 large onions, cut in thick slices
Veggetables – I used carrots, beans, green chillies, peas, capsicum, mushrooms, brocolli and tomatoes. (You can use whatever vegetables you have at hand)
2 tsp coarsely chopped garlic
1 tsp coarsely chopped ginger
1 tbsp heaped black pepper (freshly ground)
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp white vinegar
Chicken stock powder (i used 1 small pack of Knorr brand)
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
1. In a wide pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and ginger. Bhunno it for 5 minutes.
2. Add the onions and sauté till they’re translucent.
3. Add the Drumsticks and Bhunno till they get browned.
4. Add salt, freshly ground pepper, quarter cup water, cover the pot and cook on medium flame.
5. When the chicken is halfway done, add the veggies, cover and cook on medium flame.
6. When the chicken is 80 percent done, add the sauce, vinegar, stock powder, 1 cup water, cover and cook.
7. Keep the sauck a bit thick and not too watery and adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
8. Enjoy with boiled rice or tawa rotis as I did.
9. Thanks Ms. Chatwal first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…