I have always been a big fan of Mushrooms in any recipe and order the Cream of Mushroom Soup many a times during our restaurant visits. This is another of those recipes which I thought could never be made at home!
This was till I saw Tanushree Aich‘s easy, wonderful and such good looking recipe on Sikandalous Cuisine so decided to give it a shot straightaway! And it came out perfectly – just like the ones we are served in restaurants. It has an amazing creamy texture and tastes so so good. I am definitely going to make this regularly now. Do give it a shot folks…
Butter: 3 tbsp (I used the unsalted one)
Bay Leaves: 2
Finely Chopped Garlic: 2 tbsp
Finely Chopped Onions: 1 Cup
Roughly Chopped Mushrooms: 1.5 cup
Maida (Refined Flour): 3 tbsp
Milk: 2 Cups (I used half skimmed and half full fat)
Salt and Black Pepper as per taste
1 tsp Birista (Fried Onions) for garnishing
1. Heat the butter in a pan, add the bay leaves, garlic and onions.
2. Bhunno till onions go translucent and then add the mushrooms.
3. Bhunno till the mushrooms leave a bit of water & get cooked. Then add the Maida till the rawness goes and it turns a bit brown.
4. Lower the gas, pour the milk, stir continuously to avoid lumps and once the soup thickens add salt & pepper.
5. Remove from flame & discard the bay leaves.
6. Cool & blend into a coarse puree in a blender. Add some water in case it gets very thick.
7. Add back to the same pan, add some more water if required and adjust the seasoning.
8. Garnish with Birista.
9. Thank Tanushree Aich first and me later.
10. We served Stir Fried Veggies (Shallots, Mushrooms (yes I love them), Asparagus & Garlic cooked with red chilli flakes and salt with the Soup.