What do you do to get over the “Greek Yoghurt” Hangover? You make some Desi Style Dahi and carry on the Yoghurt Fiesta! And that is exactly what I did last night!
We were in Greece for a week and had Greek Yoghurt everyday atleast 2 times a day; I just could not get enough of it. It was so thick, creamy & luscious. We used to have it in breakfast with Honey, during our meals as Tzatziki and also as desserts with some toppings or added flavours!
I was itching to get back to the kitchen to try a new recipe and saw a lovely & easy recipe posted by Ms. Reena Kaur on Sikandalous Cuisine and gave it a shot after making few changes to her original attempt. It came out much better than I had expected! It was creamy, spicy and very flavourful indeed. perfect to enjoy just like that or with roti and rice! Do give it a shot folks…
1 cup thick Dahi
1 onion chopped
2 green chillies chopped
1 ripe tomato chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger & garlic
1/2 tsp haldi
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Qasuri Methi
1/2 tsp zeera powder
1 whole red chilli
Salt as per taste
Oil for cooking
1. Heat some oil in a kadhai and bhunno the onions till they are golden brown.
2. Add the green chillies, ginger & garlic. Bhunno some more.
3. Now add the tomatoes and bhunno some more.
4. Add all the dry spices including salt and bhunno till oil comes out.
5. Switch off the gas and let the tadka cool off.
6. Now add the dahi and mix well with soft hands.
7. Enjoy with rice or rotis.
8. Thanks Ms. Reena Kaur first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…