Prawns have been my favourite seafood option since I started eating them and I try to experiment with a lot of new recipes from time to time. Here is another version of mine!
I saw this “good looking” recipe on Sikandalous Cuisine posted by Ms. Reena Kaur and decided to make this with some changes to it and it came out really well! Unfortunately Mummy-made Achar had finished so I used Priya brand’s Cut Mango Pickle for the same. This dish is spicy, tangy, very easy to make and damn delicious! Do give it a shot folks…
Prawns: 400 grams (I used the frozen variety)
Achar Masala: 1 tbsp (I used the Priya brand’s Cut Mango Pickle)
Whipped Yoghurt: 3 tbsp
Finely Chopped Ginger: 1 tbsp
Thinly Sliced Onions: 1 medium sized
Tomato Paste: 1.5 tsp
Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Few Curry Leaves
Salt as per taste
Vegetable Oil: 1 tbsp
1. Wash the prawns and marinate them with the Achar Masala for 20-30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, crackle the mustard seeds and curry leaves, add the ginger & onion and bhunno for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
3. Add the tomato paste and some water. Bhunno for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the dry spices and the yoghurt. Bhunno for 3-7 minutes till the water dries out a bit and fat is separated.
5. Add the marinated prawns and bhunno for 3-4 minutes.
6. Check the seasoning plus the gravy consistency as per your liking and serve them hot with tawa rotis and rice.
7. Thank Ms. Reena Kaur first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…