I miss the Delhi style authentic Tandoori Chicken here in Kuwait a lot; there was a restaurant named Swaad which used to serve a version very close to the Delhi style but unfortunately it got shut down recently so I was determined to give it a shot myself!
And this is exactly what I did! I found a very easy recipe from the net (Restaurant style Tandoori Chicken) and decided to give it a shot. And it came out very close to the ones I have had in Delhi and that gave me a lot of pleasure! Plus it is not a cumbersome recipe at all; the spice mix is absolutely perfect and this time I tried a new garnishing design too! Do give it a shot folks…
Chicken Drumsticks: 8
Yogurt: 3 tablespoon
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder: 2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala: 1 teaspoon
Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tablespoon
Green Chilly Paste: 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice: from half lemon
Salt as per taste
Melted Butter: 2 tablespoon
For the Garnish:
1/2 lemon: Cut into 4 pieces
Fresh Green Coriander leaves
1. Wash and clean the chicken drumsticks, remove the skin, make slits and keep it ready at room temperature.
2. Combine yogurt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, ginger garlic & green chilly pastes, salt and lemon juice. Apply this marinade to the prepared chicken drumsticks till they are fully covered in the marinade.
3. Cover it and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 225 C. Then arrange the marinated drumsticks on the rack and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Turn it to the other side and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. Then apply melted butter over the chicken and broil for about 3 -5 minutes till you get the charred effect on the chicken.
7. Remove it from the oven. Arrange it in the serving tray and garnish it as desired and serve it piping hot.
8. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…