This is for those lazy evenings when you want to eat something delicious but don’t want to sweat it out in the kitchen for too long! This definitely is the quickest Chicken dishes I have ever made and the end result was quite flavourful to boot!
I took this recipe from a blog named Thoughts over Chai run by a lady named Tasneem Rajkotwala based in the UAE. She has lots of amazing recipes on her blog and I have already adapted one of her most popular and special recipes in the past – Lagan Seekh ||| Traditional Bohra Recipe which definitely was one of the most unique dishes I have ever made.
I am very sure that I would be making this Green Chicken multiple times as it was so easy & quick to make plus delightfully flavorful. Do give it a shot folks.
Chicken – 500 gms, cleaned and cut into small pieces
Onion – 1 medium sized,
Coriander – 1 cup. washed
Mint leaves – 1/4 cup, washed
Green chillies – 3
Dessicated coconut – 3 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 4 pods
Whole cumin – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the chicken, pat dry and keep aside.
2. In a dry pan, slightly roast the coconut, cashews and cumin until fragrant.
3. Grind together cashew, cumin, onion, coriander, mint, green chillies, garlic and coconut to a smooth thick paste, adding a tablespoon water as required.
4. Heat oil and bhunno the green paste until oil start to leave from the sides.
5. Add the chicken pieces, salt and bhunno at medium heat foir another 5-7 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup water, close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on a low flame till the chicken is fully cooked.
7. Serve hot with tawa rotis and rice.
8. Thanks Ms. Tasneem first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…