I wanted to make a lamb dish but not the usual curry kind but still wanted the desi flavours so decided to make a grilled dish this time! I improvised the recipe while collecting the ingredients and it came out really well. The Mint Sambol combo made it taste even better! This is quite an easy, delectable and desi recipe. Do give it a shot folks.
Lamb Pieces: 500 grams
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 finely chopped onion
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp chicken masala powder (any brand)
3 tbsp whisked yoghurt
1 tbsp mustard oil
Salt as per taste
1. Toast the cardamom and cumin powders in a dry pan.
2. Heat the oil in a kadhai, bhunno the onions, GG Paste and all the spices till they get a nice & brown colour.
3. Add this with the whisked yoghurt and pour over the lamb. Mix properly and marinate overnight.
4. Bring the lamb pieces to room temperature and preheat the oven at 250 degrees C.
5. Arrange the pieces on a rack and grill each side for 20 minutes each (or depending on how cooked you like your lamb).
6. Serve with any chutney of your choice (I served them with the Sri Lankan Mint Sambol).
7. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…