Well who doesn’t like Domino’s Pizza’s garlic bread and I am no different. It is definitely more desired and enjoyed than all the pizzas they serve! Even in my wildest dreams I couldn’t have imagined that one day I would be baking this bread myself! But this was before the baking bug caught me…
The final push I needed came from Sikandalous Cuisine‘s member Ms. Prabal Kirtika who posted a similar recipe without any stuffing. But I wanted to make one with a stuffing so I searched the internet and found a wonderful recipe website named Yummy Tummy Aarthi. I have browsed through this site and I am a huge fan already! Made another recipe from it last night! You can definitely start following it too.
The recipe surely was tedious and involved lot of steps but the end result made all my efforts worthwhile. The texture of the bread was near perfect, the crust was crunchy and it was so gooey inside. I could not have asked for more! The first person to eat the bread was my son and he simply loved it! Ate almost one complete slice in 2 sittings! And as you can imagine nothing can give you more happiness than your son enjoying something which you have prepared with so much love and passion! I also got it to office yesterday and 2 of my colleagues thoroughly enjoyed it!
Don’t get bogged down by the long list of ingredients & steps; believe me it is much easier than it sounds and reads. Do give it a shot folks and enjoy this wonderful bread!
Dry Yeast – 1.5 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 2 cup + extra
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 8 cloves crushed
Spice Seasoning – 1.5 tblspn
Spice Seasoning: Blitz 1 tblspn each Dry Chilli Flakes, Dried Oregano, Dried Basil, Dried Rosemary, Black Pepper , Garlic Powder and Salt in a Blender. This can be used in Pastas and Pizzas as well.
For the Garlic Butter:
Butter – 3 tblspn
Garlic – 4 cloves crushed
For the Filling:
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup (I used frozen)
Pickled Jalapenos – 3 tblspn
Mozzarella Cheese – 2 to 3 cup grated
1. Take warm water, yeast, sugar in a bowl and set aside for 5 mins till the yeast it bubbly and activated.
2. Now add the flour, salt, garlic and mix well. It will form into a very sticky dough. I used a spoon at this stage to knead & mix.
3. Add in the oil and knead well. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for a hour till it is doubled in size. (I put the bowl in a Microwave Oven to keep it warm)
4. Now add the oregano seasoning and fold well. Now is the time to use your hands to knead it into a soft dough. Add more flour or oil if needed.
5. Take butter in a bowl, add garlic to it and mix well. This is your garlic spread.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking tray with foil and oil it well. Set aside.
7. Divide the dough into two portions. Roll into a thick circle. Spread the garlic butter over it, sprinkle sweet corn, peppers and cheese. Fold it over and seal the edges.
8. Take the tray and sprinkle it with some oregano seasoning.
9. Place the garlic bread over it and use a pizza cutter to cut into sticks.
10. Now brush the top with oil and sprinkle with some more seasoning.
11. Bake this for 10 mins in 180 degree C. Then increase the heat to 220 Degree C and bake for 5 mins this till you get the brown colour as per your liking.
12. Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
13. Cut the slices and enjoy the warm & delicious bread.
14. Thank Ms. Aarthi first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…