Having experienced Bhut Jholakia, I am now trying to incorporate them in multiple dishes and what better than to enjoy it in a grilled version too! That is how this I got this recipe in my mind. The end result was simply delicious. Crunchy skin with the goodness of Sesame Oil and a thoroughly spicy delight! Do give it a shot folks…
8 pieces chicken thighs, skin on
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tsp Bhut Jholokia powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
Juice of one lemon
2 tsbp sesame seed oil
1. In a bowl, mix all the spice powders. Stir in the lemon juice & sesame seed oil, to create the marinade.
2. Add the chicken thighs and toss. Marinade for a couple of hours covered with a cling wrap at room temperature.
3. Preheat the oven to 215 C. Lay out the chicken thighs in a pan and grill for 20 minutes (skin side up). Then grill for 10 minutes from the other side.
4. Take the pan out of the oven, transfer the thighs onto a platter and let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
5. Enjoy them as starters or with hot tawa rotis as a main course dish. I served them with a Tomato-Onion-Cucumber Salad.
6. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…