I had 2 pieces of fresh Tilapia and Couscous with me so wanted to make a recipe combining both these ingredients. I was lucky enough to get hold of a recipe which exactly matched my requirements!
This was the perfect way to kick-start a supposedly rocking food-filled weekend! It was light, flaky, flavourful and very nutritious. We could enjoy all the subtle flavours of the Greek spice mix, olive oil, sundried tomatoes and the fish which combined near perfectly. Do give it a shot folks!
1.25 cup couscous
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus 2 lemon pieces
1 medium sized fresh tilapia cut into 2 pieces
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tbsp of any spice mix you prefer (I used a Greek Mix I had)
Salt and pepper
1. Rub the fish pieces thoroughly with salt, pepper, spice mix and the garlic powder. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, 1/2 tbsp spice mix, cumin powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice.
3. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees C.
3. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2 1/2 cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot and enjoy!
6. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…