Last Wednesday, while I was in office, I had this sudden urge to make a prawns recipe and thought of trying out a recipe of my own. Went back home and got to the kitchen ASAP! Tried a new combination and it worked brilliantly.
This curry came out so damn delicious; adequately spiced and mellow! The Kudampuli added a special tang to this dish which was real nice. Do give it a shot folks.
Cleaned Prawns – 350 gms
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Green Chilli – 2 (slit lengthwise)
Shallots – 10 (chopped)
Tomato – 1 (chopped)
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Dry Coconut pieces – 1/2 cup
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Kudampuli – 2 pieces (soaked in 1/2 cup hot water and then chopped)
Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai, pop the mustard seeds, add the ginger-garlic paste & bhunno for 2-3 minutes.
2.Add the shallots & green chillies and bhunno till you get the golden brown colour.
3. Now add the chopped tomato, bhunno for 5 minutes and then add all the masala powders. Add some water so that the spices don’t get burnt.
4. Add the coconut milk, when it boils add kudampuli, salt, coconut pieces & bhunno some more.
5. Add the Curry leaves and the prawns now. Cover and cook on medium flame for 34-5 minutes and ensure that the prawns don’t get overcooked.
6. Enjoy this curry with hot tawa rotis and plain steamed rice.
7. Thank me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…