We had this innovative dish in a restaurant here in Kuwait, it was very delicious and decided to give it a shot at home. I found an easy recipe on the internet and my wife used it to make this healthy, novel and very delicious dish which is actually nothing but veggies.
A low-carb meal, it is for those of us who want all the flavor of Chinese fried rice but none of the guilt! Do give it a shot folks; I am sure you would love it!
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup carrots, cubed
1/3 cup french beans
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
⅛ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
1 tbsp sesame oil
Salt as per taste
1. Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse for few seconds until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
2. Heat a wok over medium flame and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and bhunno until tender for about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
4. Slide veggie mixture to one side and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
5. Stir in the cauliflower “rice” and pour the soy sauce mix over top, mixing well.
6. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
7. Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!
8. Thank my wife first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…