This is quite a quintessential North Indian Dish found on all restaurant menus and also a universal home cooking favourite! I had some vegetarian guests coming over for dinner, saw this recipe and decided to make this for the first time.
The best PBM I have ever had was at Chadha Bhojnalaya (Model Town, North Delhi). We used to frequent that place quite often and my mouth is watering just thinking about while I type this!
Thanks to Ms. Nithya Cocina of Sikandalous Cuisine for this fabulous recipe.
The end result was quite fabulous and was loved by all. It was adequately spiced, rich, mellow and very delicious. Do give this a shot folks.
500 grams Paneer cubes (I used Amul Malai Paneer)
2 tbsp crushed ginger
2 tbsp crushed garlic
Tomato Purée of 5 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh cream
1 cup water
4 tbsp butter
2 tsp cumin seeds
3 tsp sugar
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin pdr
2 tsp Kashmiri Laal Mirch powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Kasuri Methi flakes
Salt as per taste
For the Garnish:
1 tsp cream
1 pinch Kasuri Methi flakes
1 tsp butter
1. In a pan heat the butter on medium heat; add the cumin seeds and once they crackle add the ginger & garlic. Bhunno for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the tomato purée plus all the dry spices including the salt and bhunno for 8-10 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins till the puree is cooked.
4. Add the cream, water, stir and add the paneer cubes. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
5. Adjust the seasoning as per your preference and Sarnish with Kasoori Methi flakes, cream and butter.
6. Serve hot with tawa rotis and zeera rice.
7. Thank Ms. Nithya Cocina first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…