Prawns are my favourite seafood variety and I keep trying new recipes everytime to enjoy new flavours. This time I got hold of this recipe, also known as Chemmeen Roast, and gave it a shot. It turned out to be quite a flavourful one and was very spicy too. I used Shallots and Coconut Oil to ensure the authenticity of the recipe. You can adjust the spice quotient basis your individual preferences but I suggest to keep the suggested quantities intact! Do give this a shot if you are fan of Dry Curry prawn dishes. We loved it to bits.
Prawns – 500 grams
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Shallots – sliced – 1/2 cup
Sliced Coconut Pieces – 1/4 cup
Green Chilies – cut vertically – 2
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Cococnut oil – 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine prawns with all the ingredients for marination and keep aside for 30-60 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Now add the GG paste, shallots and coconut pieces. Bhunno for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
3. Add the marinated prawns, green chillies and curry leaves. Add more salt if required.
4. Cover and cook over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot and enjoy with Roti or Rice.
6. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…