I was looking to make a completely different flavour grilled chicken and started to look for some recipes. Got hold of this wonderful recipe of Ms. Ruchi Airen and decided to give it a shot. The combo was almost impossible to resist for me. The rustic flavours of Mint & Raw Mango combine wonderfully well with the luscious fresh cream in this super recipe to which I made some minor changes. The result is lip-smacking delicious and very different to anything I have tasted before. Do give this a shot folks.
The Original Recipe I used: Minty Mango Chicken
Chicken Drumsticks – 8
For the Marinade:
Fresh Mint/Pudina – Half a bunch
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 1/2 pod
Green Chillies – 4
Onions – 2
Raw Mangoes – 2
Cumin/Zeera Powder – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – As per taste
Fresh Cream – 1/2 Cup (I used the Low-Fat version)
1. Smoke the mangoes, garlic, green chillies and onions on medium flame and let them cool.
2. Grind all the marinade ingredients into a fine paste.
3. Mix this paste with fresh cream.
4. Make slits on the drumsticks and marinate them with the paste. Keep aside for 2 hours.
5. Pre-Heat the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
6. Grill both the sides for 20 minutes each.
7. Serve piping hot with Onion-Tomato Salad.
8. Thanks Ms. Airen first and me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…