Also known as the “Tortilla de Patata”, this Spanish omelette recipe is quite a favourite across the World, even though I haven’t tasted it or had cooked it before! But browsing through some Egg breakfast recipes, came across this and it sounded delicious & easy to make. I added Jalapenos to spice it up though! The preparations took some time but the end result was absolutely worth it! The combination of eggs, cheese, potatoes, jalapenos and pepper added up perfectly resulting in a mighty delicious breakfast dish! We loved it to bits. This would be a regular at our home from now on. Do give it a shot folks.
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp jalapenos, chopped
1 potato, cut into small pieces, rubbed with some salt
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil, to fry the potato and onions
1 tsp Black pepper powder
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese , shredded
1 tbsp oil, to cook the omelette
Salt, as per taste
1. Peel, cut the potatoes and rub them with some salt. Keep aside
2. In a pan add 2 tbsp oil and fry the potatoes till cooked.
3. In the same pan, bhunno the onions till they get light brown.
4. In a bowl, break the eggs, whisk them till fluffy.
5. Now add the coriander, onion, potato, green chillies, black pepper, cheese and salt. Whisk properly.
6. In a saucepan, add oil and pour the batter. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover it with a lid and cook for another 4 minutes. Flip and cook from the other side for the same time.
7. Carefully remove the omelette ensuring it doesn’t break off, make slices and serve with Bread pieces and any sauce of your choice.
8. Thank me later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…