I have been travelling a lot for the last 2 months and have been on an eating-out spree for quite long now. Bandita and Abhay are chilling in Australia so I am forced to eat out even in Kuwait now! But I took matters in my own hands in the weekend and decided to get back to the kitchen. I decided to make a chicken dish, used the ingredients which were at home and went as per whatever method which came to my mind. I was pleasantly surprised at the end result and it was much better than the world famous “Cream Chicken” served at “Chawla” chain of restaurants which I recently had in Amritsar! The curry was velvety, the flavour mellow and yet adequately spiced loaded with flavours of garlic. Do give this a shot folks and I am sure you are gonna love this one too.
500 grams Chicken
For the Marinade:
Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – As per taste
Thinly Sliced Onion – 1 medium sized
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 small piece
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1 piece
Cloves – 4
Green Cardamom – 3
Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
1. Mix all the ingredients listed under “For the Marinade” and marinate the chicken pieces for atleast an hour.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, crackle the whole spices and Bhunno the onions till they get golden brown. Add the garlic and bhunno some more.
3. Add the chicken pieces along with the marinade and bhunno on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
4. Lower the flame, add the water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Cover the pan and cook on very low flame for 20 minutes.
6. Adjust the seasoning and curry consistency as per your choice.
7. Serve piping hot with tawa rotis and steamed rice.
8. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…