I have become a big fan of fresh methi lately and have been cooking many a new recipes with it. I have always come across “Methi Malai Mushroom” recipes and got bored of this combo so decided to make a new recipe altogether. This came to my mind and thought of giving it a shot. The end result was absolutely fabulous. This was refreshingly delicious, tasted very fresh and the mix of spices came out perfectly. This is a perfect recipe for winters and can be enjoyed as a side dish too.
1 bunch fresh fenugreek/methi leaves
1 tsp oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 big onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 green chilly, thinly sliced
2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp fennel/saunf seeds
1 big tomato, thinly sliced
500g mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tsp kasoori methi powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the methi leaves thoroughly and finely chop them after discarding the stalks.
2. Heat the oil in a kadhai and bhunno the coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the garlic and bhunno until golden, then add the finely chopped onions and bhunno until brown.
4. Stir in the turmeric, green chillies, chopped ginger, cumin powder and fennel seeds and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
5. Now add the chopped tomatoes and bhunno until the oil starts to separate from the mixture at the edge of the pan.
6. Toss in the mushrooms over a high heat, add the salt and cook, bhunno for 3 minutes.
7. Now add the methi and bhunno for 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice in the end.
8. Enjoy with hot tawa rotis.
9. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…