Coconut is one of my favourite things across sweets as well as savoury items and I always try to look for recipes with coconut in it. I had bought Godrej Coconut Milk last week and decided to cook a Chicken Curry with it last night!
I was very happy with the end result – the curry was mellow, adequately spicy, not at all sweet and very flavourful. Our son loved it and as always lapped up his roti dipping it in the gravy. My wife isn’t a big fan of Coconut-based gravies but surprisingly she thoroughly enjoyed this curry too! Another good part about this recipe is that it involves minimal preparation and cooking time. So without further adieu, here is the recipe…
750 grams chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions (ground to a paste)
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 stick cinnamon (3 centimeters)
15 curry leaves
1 medium potato (washed well and cut into quarters; leave skin on)
2 large tomatoes (chopped fine)
Salt as per taste
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with all the grounded masalas for half an hour.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and splutter the whole spices and curry leaves.
3. Now add the GG and onion pastes. Bhunno for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, potato and bhunno till the oil comes out. Add the salt at this stage. Now add the chicken pieces plus 2 cups of hot water. Bring to a boil, cover and then get 2 or 3 whistles.
5. Adjust the seasoning and the curry consistency as per your liking.
6. Finally, add the coconut milk, stir and allow to come to a boil. Turn off heat as soon as this happens.
7. Serve piping hot with plain boiled rice and preferably Lachcha Parathas, this combo tastes divine with this curry!
8. Thank me Later.
So till the time we meet again…
Cheers to life…
Till then ride safe and have safe sex…
Hasta la Victoria Siempre…